Pre and post filler Instructions
Please review our pre and post treatment instructions associated with filler injections below.
- Please refrain from taking the following medications 7-10 days prior to your filler treatment, as they increase the risk of bleeding and bruising, to avoid it having an adverse affect on whether we can provide treatment at that time: Approved medications include: Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Aspirin (ex: Bayer, Excedrin)
- Ibuprofen (ex: Motrin or Advil)
- Naproxen (ex: Aleve)
- blood thinners (*please verify your blood pressure medication is not a blood thinner)
- anti-inflammatory medication
- St. John's Wart
- Ginko Biloba
- High doses of Vitamin E
- Approved medications include: Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Do not consume Alcoholic beverages for 24 hours prior to your filler treatment to avoid increased bleeding and bruising
- Bruising and swelling for 7-10 days is associated with filler injections. Please plan around your social schedule and contact us ASAP if you realize you have a social commitment. Review our Cancellation Policy to avoid incurring fees
- If you have a rash or cold sore in the area to be treated, contact us ASAP and send a picture for Shauna to review before your appointment. If necessary, we may have to reschedule your appointment to allow time for healing
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Ice as much as you can for the first several days
- 20 min ON - 20 min OFF - 5 times a day
- Apply topical Arnica Montana cream or take Arnica Montana tablets to help with bruising and swelling
- We sell Sinecchi, a one-day dose regimen of homeopathic Arnica Montana, in our office for your use. Take one tablet immediately after treatment and one tablet every 6 hours
- For headache or injection site pain, you may take OTC pain relievers such as Tylenol and Motrin
- If you experience redness, welts, and itching, Benadryl is best
- If you received Sculptra Aesthetic massage the injection site as instructed for 5 minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days
- Try to sleep facing up and if you are still experiencing swelling, elevating your head can help
- Please refrain from exercising for 5-7 days post treatment to avoid metabolized absorption
- Restylane Family - Please allow 14 days for injections to settle and to see full results. It is extremely important to have realistic expectations with the results of filler. Fillers do not "get rid" of your wrinkles, but you can expect significant improvement. If a patient does not get the results they want, often the answer is more filler and that means purchasing more product. For some patients, surgery might be a better choice than filler.
- Sculptra Aesthetic - At your first treatment visit, it may appear that Sculptra Aesthetic worked immediately because of swelling from the injections and the water used to dilute Sculptra Aesthetic. A few days following the treatment, when the swelling goes down and the water is absorbed by your body, you may look as you did before treatment. Sculptra Aesthetic takes time to gradually correct the depression in your skin and may take several treatments for patients with severe facial fat loss to see measurable results.
- Follow ALL post-treatment recommendations given to you by Shauna
***Units may no longer be banked - this includes Dysport, Xeomin, and Botox (excluding existing units banked). Minimums required per appointment: 75 units for Dysport, 30 units for Xeomin, and 30 units for Botox appointments. ONE valid Aspire rebate per patient, per day, per special (Aspire rebates DO NOT apply toward EZText Eligibility). ONE $15 EZText subscription promo per patient, per day (minimum $200 purchase on procedures to be eligible).