Also known as micro-penning, this is the latest in skin revitalization. This new, innovative treatment is a safe alternative to common skin resurfacing tools such as lasers and dermal rollers and has minimal to no downtime. Micro-Penning not only helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, but also has a positive effect on uneven skin tone and acne scars, improving the skin’s overall appearance, giving you fresher, younger looking skin. Depending on the size of the treatment area, a Micro-Penning treatment can last anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes. Treatment areas include the face, neck and décolleté. Most people can return to their normal, daily activities immediately after treatment.
Microneedling is a treatment that can be used on all skin types. It:
- Minimizes pore size
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Lifts, tightens, and rejuvenates skin, builds new collagen and elastin
- Improves appearance of acne scarring
- improves hyperpigmentation
- activates cell regeneration
not good candidates for microneedling:
- Have used Accutane within the last 6 months or active acne
- Have open wounds, cuts or abrasions
- Have had radiation treatments to the skin within the last year or skin cancer
- Have any kind of current skin infection, condition, herpes simplex in the areas to be treated
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or wound healing
- Raised surfaces
What guidelines do I need to follow prior to receiving Microneedling?
Please refrain from waxing your face or other areas to be treated within 10-15 days prior to treatment. Avoid excessive sun exposure which could negatively impact your ability to receive treatment. Also, you must not have medical cosmetic treatments or procedures (e.g. laser therapy, surgical procedures, cosmetic filler, or other exfoliating treatments) within 14 days of treatment.
Does Microneedling hurt?
There may be some degree of discomfort during a micro needling treatment, however it is minimal and subsides after treatment.
Will Microneedling make my acne scarring worse?
Microneedling is a form of collagen induction therapy, which is intended to smooth wrinkles and improve depressed acne scarring. The epidermis and melanocytes in the basal area are not damaged, so there's no possibility of post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. In other words, no.
Will Microneedling make my skin red after?
Post-treatment, your skin may be flushed and red and you may experience redness and warmth for a short period after treatment, but this will subside. You should anticipate a generous estimate of 10 days down time post-procedure.